The Dance Depot
Hours of Operation
August 14, 2017 - June 8, 2018
Monday 4:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday 4:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday 4:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thursday 4:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Upcoming dates The Dance Depot will be closed:
Thursday, November 23, 2017
The Dance Depot
After signing up for your desired classes, the second most important step in the registrations process is making sure you are prepared with the correct dance apparel. From Ballet Shoes to dance leotards and tights, our top-of-the-line dance clothing boutique is located onsite and has everything you need to get properly outfitted.
Shoes are 15 percent off year-round, or use your TDR discount card to receive 10 percent off all regular-priced merchandise.
Our Store carries Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Cheer & Gymnastic Outfits
Don't let your list of required clothing and footwear get you down. Come into Indianapolis' largest and most experienced dance studio, The Dance Refinery, and check out our top-quality line of dance, gymnastics and cheer apparel. We offer only the best brands and are sure to have what you need to put together your next stylish outfit for dance class. Come in and see us, or call us today at 317-882-3285.
Appropriate Shoes, Slippers, Leotards, Tights, Tops & Bottoms
With over 40 years of experience in the dance, cheer aand tumbling industry, we know why quality tap shoes, gymnastics apparel and dance slippers are so improtant. Justas in every other sport, wearing appropriate attire is vital to your experience. This is why we have a strict dress code that must be adhered to. After a warning has been given, the student will be sent home with a copy of said dress code and instructions to obtain the correct ballet slippers, unitard, cheerleading apparel or whatever is needed for that specific class. Failure to do so will result in two warnings, which will then cause the student to miss class without the possiblity of make-up classes.
At the Dance Refinery, we strive to keep our standards high in all areas, Including our dancers' apparel. Our clothing requirements for each class are as follows:
- Street clothes may not be worn for any class.
- All dance shoes must be from a dance manufacturer.
- No underwear should be worn during class. Exceptions include boys wearing shorts, and in Tumble Buddies and Creative Movement classes.
- Hair for all ladies should be pulled back out of the face and secured in a ponytail, unless otherwise noted. Bangs that hang below the eyebrows must be secured off the face.
GYMNASTICS (TUMBLING) AND TUMBLE BUDDIES:
- Girls: Leotard, biketard or unitard of any color, no two-piece outfits.
- Boys: Fitted T-shirt tucked into fitted shorts
- Gymnasts take class barefoot
- Shoes: To help preserve the lives of our dance floors, please do not wear tennis shoes that have ever been worn outside. Any clean tennis shoe with a white sole may be worn to class. Performance shoes are required for recitals.
- Girls: Leotard or two-piece hip-hop attire. (Must be dance pants or shorts worn over tights with a dance crop top. Basketball shorts over tights are acceptable.)
- Boys: Fitted T-shirt tucked into shorts or athletic pants.
- Underwear worn over diapers is allowed in this class.
- Shoes: Black leather jazz shoes with sewn-on elastic.
- Girls: Leotard with tights.
- Boys: Fitted T-Shirt tucked into shorts or athletic pants.
TAP DANCE APPAREL:
- Shoes (Class age group 3-4 / 5-6 / 7-8) Capezio black patent leather tap dance shoe (Style# N625C)- Jr. Tyette with the buckle attached.
- Shoes (Class age group 9-11 / Pre-Teen and Teen Tap only). Black slip on tap-dancing shoes.
- Girls: Leotard or two-piece dance attire (two-piece dance attire must be dance pants or shorts witha dance top) with tights
- Boys: Fitted T-shirt tucked into shorts or athletic pants. Black tie oxford tap shoes
JAZZ & TRIPLE THREAT DANCE APPAREL:
- Shoes (Class age group 3-4 / 5-6 / 7-8). Black leather jazz dance shoes with elastic sewn on.
- Shoes (Class age group 9-11 / Pre Teen/Teen Jazz only). Black Jazz Gore boot.
- Girls Leotard or two-piece dance outfit (two-piece outfit must be dance pants or shorts with a dance top) with tights.
- Boys: Fitted T-shirt tucked into shorts or athletic pants
- Girls: Leotard or unitard of any color with tights.
- Pink leather ballet shoes with one elastic strap sewn straight across.
- All hair must be pulled back off of the face and secured in ponytail. Buns are preferred for all, but required for ages 9 and up.
- Boys: Fitted T-shirt tucked into fitted shorts. Black leather ballet shoes with elastic sewn on and white socks.
- Shoes: To help preserve the lives of our dance floors, please do not wear tennis shoes that have ever been worn outside. Any clean tennis shoe with a white sole may be worn to class.
- Please note: Students participating in the recital with be asked to purchase a pair of perfomance shoes. More information will be given during Costume Week in January.
- Girls: Leotard or two-piece attire (must be be dance pants or shorts with a dance crop top). You may wear dance/gymnastics shorts or dance pants over your leotard and tights. All hair must be pulled back from the face and secured in a ponytail.